[spf-discuss] Re: DKIM-SSP integration SPF

2006-08-14 22:51:10
Hector Santos wrote:

     SPF-FAIL ->  Instant rejection????
     SPF-PASS ->  Instant rejection????

s/instant rejection/preliminary acceptance/ for PASS.

What is your trust in that result?   Lets just assume 80%

Somewhere between 99 and 100.  Where 99 allows for "one of
my users arranged his forwarding to me in a way 'incompatible'
with 4408".

Of course it's not really incompatible, it just emulates the
original 821 SMTP "user not local" case.  What was the count,
Wayne two, Scott one, I one = four 'pseudo-551' in 30 months
for three users ?

What would it take to see in DKIM in order to make that a
100% trusted result?

DKIM has its own 99% barrier, the rest are Mailman and other
mungers.  If you're confident that "ignorant forwarder" and
"ignorant mail list" never overlap you'd get in theory 100%.

How about if we got this?
     SPF-FAIL + DKIM+PASS =  result?  PASS or FAIL?

That's Scott's proposal, op=dkim or similar to signal "don't
reject SPF FAIL before DATA, because there might be a DKIM
PASS" (surviving ignorant forwarders).

It still requires the payload to be transferred,

So publish your HEAD draft... :-)

Frank