Re: [spf-discuss] DKIM-SSP integration SPF

2006-08-11 13:46:25
Terry,

In my opinion, there is nothing with your view.

In my view, this is a SPF effort.  You're not going to get the DKIM cogs
involved with doing anything close to a "bigger picture".  They are already
resisting Policy concepts in the name of self-interest reputation systems.
So in my view, that isn't going to be a workable approach.

I predict DKIM will have a major negative impact as a whole across the board
without a inherent policy concept.  I based that on my 30 years of software
engineering expertise with an forte in forecasting, simulation and
fault-tolerance analysis.  Its not very hard for me to see that.

So it is quite possible that SPF, a formable deployed technology, can
possibly fill in the gap.

Just consider what is the #1 thorn of the side for SPF:

         The Forwarding Problem

and consider what is one of top marketing claims made by Eric Allman that
DKIM will help solve:

         It supports Forwarding issues!

So would be possible for SPF to piggyback on what will be "free DKIM
marketing" and a technology that SPF can use to resolve its forwarding
problem?

I think so.  But how?  I got a few ideas but I would like to see some early
interest to commit going further with this.

http://www.santronics.com