[spf-discuss] Re: "authorized" == "not forged"?

2006-09-20 22:44:24
Scott Kitterman wrote:

Maybe the guidance is the MSA operator publishes it in their
SPF record that their customers include:.  Then it's the MSA
operator making the declaration.

I think that works as expected only after a redirect.  RFC 4408
explains this for exp= modifiers, an "included explanation" is
not visible in the including record.

The include: mechanism maps an included PASS (hard or soft) to
a match, and then the including policy maps that to whatever
it wishes, e.g. FAIL for include-not-me cases, NEUTRAL for an
unreliable ISP, or a PASS.

The latter is what we're talking about, but it's an ordinary
"soft" PASS at this point, the including record needs its own
op=auth to declare that it's a "hard" PASS.

If somebody will write the code to test it, I'll put it in my
MSA records.

It has no defined technical effect for receivers, hard to test
it... :-)  Testing the op= syntax is possible.  Implementations
could offer augmented result codes (with HARDPASS), that could
be tested.

Frank