Re: [spf-discuss] should SPF checks be before or after RBL

2006-10-03 05:31:50
On Tuesday 03 October 2006 08:24, Ramprasad wrote:
Hi,
  I am using postfix with rbls ( spamhaus , dsbl etc )
I have added SPF checks using policyd-spf-perl

Now which is the best place to do the spf checks. Should it be before
RBL checks or after. How do you folks configure them ?

The best practice as it's been discussed here is to wait until after RCPT TO
and receipient validation to do SPF checks.  Since local recipient validation
can be done without any DNS lookups it tends to be less expensive than SPF
checks.  Typically recipient validition weeds out a LOT of mail and so the
burden of doing the SPF checks is substantially reduced if you wait.

Scott K