Re: [spf-discuss] MS Puts SID Patents Under Open Specification Promise

2006-10-23 21:45:52

I'd like to quote parts of FAQ/comments on their page that concerns SID:
[http://www.microsoft.com/interop/osp/default.mspx]:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Is this Promise consistent with open source licensing, namely the GPL? And can anyone implement the specification(s) without any concerns about Microsoft patents?