Re: [spf-discuss] Re: MS Puts SID Patents Under Open Specification Promise

2006-10-31 22:24:48
On Tuesday 31 October 2006 22:53, Devin Ganger wrote:
On 10/31/06 9:34 PM, "Scott Kitterman" <scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 22:18, Devin Ganger wrote:

Can you be more precise? Are you saying that MS implementations (such as
Exchange) do PRA checks on v=spf1 records instead of MAIL FROM checks, or
are you saying that they do PRA checks on v=spf1 records for Hotmail/MSN?

It's both.

Wow. That's completely in violation of the way MS's own documentation
describes their Sender ID implementation working.

Does anybody have any pointers to constructing a test case that can clearly
demonstrate this? If I have time, I'd love to be able to get a working demo.
Conferences love a good show and tell.

Something like this:

spf.example.com  IN TXT "v=spf1 a:example.com -all"
nospf.example.com - NO TXT record

Construct a mail message as follows:

Mail From: testuser(_at_)nospf(_dot_)example(_dot_)com