Re: [spf-discuss] SPF TXT Questions re Effectiveness

2006-12-02 09:39:18

On Dec 2, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Robert P. Thille wrote:

Bear in mind though that anyone who sends thru dyn-dns can forge for your domain.

Oops, I may have misspoken. Your SPF record doesn't keep others who send thru dyn-dns from forging your domain, but the local policies and implementation at dyn-dns may prevent it. That is, the fact that you have to authenticate to send thru dyn-dns allows dyn-dns to restrict what domains you are allowed to use as your mail-from (envelope-sender). However, I don't know if they in-fact make such restrictions.

Robert

--
Robert Thille                7575 Meadowlark Dr.; Sebastopol, CA 95472
Home: 707.824.9753    Office/VOIP: 707.780.1560     Cell: 707.217.7544