Re: [spf-discuss] SPF TXT Questions re Effectiveness

2006-12-02 13:39:40
Some people involved in SPF think it is a good idea to publish
something like: "v=spf1 ?include:outbound.mailhop.org -all"
in this case.  Others, and I am one of them, disagree.

<snip>

Be aware that if you opt to publish "?", there are implementations
that reject mail from such places.  If you're not sure you want to
authorize the server, they don't want mail from it...

I'm one of those people...

I think you ment to say that you would do "?include:outbound.mailhop.org"
not that you reject all "?", or do you?

Yes, one of those people that suggest Neutral for shared servers not
protected
against cross-user forgery is something one ought to consider.

Ack. This is what I thought, but I got confused because of where you
placed your "I'm one of those people...".

You're not one of those people rejecting on "?".  In fact, you expect
people to not reject when they see your "?" (at least not based on
your policy).

cheers
Alex