Re: [spf-discuss] SPF and anti-SPAM legislation

2006-12-04 10:22:22
While I believe in SPF and use it.... I don't actually like adding any specific technology into a bill like that. The bill should deal with the legality of Spamming and the consequences of Spamming. Not defensive measures you should or should NOT take.

Possible include something that says Spam is allowed if it meets a specific criteria like putting something in the headers that says its Spam so filters can very easily remove it for those that don't want it and allow those that do (according to Spammers there are people who do) to receive it. It should also never use spoofed from or reply-to addresses, so on and so on...

Vince Lotito wrote:

Hi, I’ve been using SPF and following this community for a couple of years. I applaud the work of the SPF community.

I was contacted last week by a NJ State Assemblyman for my feedback on an assembly bill title “The New Jersey SPAM Deterrence Act”. In short the bill was not that comprehensive, and after reading my suggestions the Assemblyman has decide to redraft the bill.

Therefore, I was looking to incorporate SPF into that legislation. So with that, I am looking for ideas, suggestion and feedback from the community…

Vince