Re: [spf-discuss] SPF and anti-SPAM legislation

2006-12-04 11:27:40
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006, Vince Lotito wrote:

Therefore, I was looking to incorporate SPF into that legislation. So
with that, I am looking for ideas, suggestion and feedback from the
community...

Specific technology should not be mandated.  However, consider this
(someone translate to legalese):

If in a messaging system, a message sender publishes a policy identifying
forged messages, and giving message receivers permission to refuse messages
identified as forged by the sender policy (e.g. SPF FAIL), the sender MUST NOT
turn around and sue the message receiver for refusing such messages identified
as forged by the senders own policy.