Re: [spf-discuss] Re: BLOCK: junkemailfilter.* (fwd)

2007-01-24 20:46:25
On Wednesday 24 January 2007 21:15, william(at)elan.net wrote:

which says:
     But don't worry, we're working on providing SRS
     patches for the four major opensource MTAs, so that
     when you upgrade to an SPF-aware version, this
     problem will be solved also.

AFAIK, Postfix currently lacks a defined external interface to re-write mail
from.  The would have to be implemented as a source patch (which I think is a
very poor choice for a variety of reasons) or as a complete smtp filter.  If
I could find a reasonably complete generic python filter, I'd consider
integrating Stuart's pysrs into it...

In general though, I agree with Stuart: Receivers need to whitelist non-srs
forwarders.

I also agree with William.  Forwarding is dead in the long run.

Scott K