Re: [spf-discuss] Re: (SOLVED) SPF blocking e-mails coming from an E-card service server

2007-05-01 12:20:30
Today, spam and viruses aren't sent by a few single boxes.  Today, entire
networks of hijacked computers are used to do that.  Those networks can
comprise hundreds of thousands of "zombie" or "bot" computers (and thus IP
addresses), each sending just a few messages.  Such a bot net could easily
be instructed to abuse your service to bomb a victim address with billions
of bounces.  (But then, they could just as well bomb the victim directly,
unless of course it is _you_ and your service who the attacker wants to
strike.)

Hello, Julian.

Yes, I know what you are talking about. This is why I have included an online check of this kind of networks, wich stores the IPs of zombies and other things as soon as they can.
Of course, it is not perfect, but already something qutie secure this way.

For the forgery, I meant to change the 'from' header, sorry if this is not the definition of the forgery.
Regards,
Daniel