Re: [spf-discuss] (SOLVED) SPF blocking e-mails coming from an E-card service server

2007-05-01 12:49:36
Please see my other reply for another attempt to point out why I consider
your problem far from "Solved".

Hello, Guys.
When I wrote 'SOLVED', it was regarding the first e-mail I sent to this list to ask how we should do things right so that ecards service could be compatible with SPF. I hadn't any script doing what was suggested on the Best Practices web page, so I had to code my own. I have been able to do it only after a lot of efforts, and wanted to share it, as I believe that it is doing the exact thing which is suggested on that page, and it is doing it well. If it arises other problems, then some other suggestions should be put there for developpers like me.

a) you still don't understand the problem.
or
b) you don't care.

a) I understand that the technical best practices seems to not be a best practice at all to your point of view (I hope I am right saying this, but it seems so at least). You are maybe absolutely right, but yet as I am not an SPF expert, I can only follow the sugestions I could find, which is what I did. So up to the suggested solutions I found officially on the website, yes, the problem is solved.

b) I cannot say that I care a lot. I want to find a way for my ecard system to be able to be SPF compliant. If it is impossible in it's nature, as you seem to be thinking, then I cannot help. But if it is possible, then I would like to find the simplest and best way to reach that goal, and thus I had to check the suggestions, which I followed. I emphasis again: I am not the right person to find the solution, I am merely here to read the official solutions, and only those ones, that you have been able to provide on your site.

I agree with Alex that it becomes a bit too firing here, and it is a bit sad. I will also not post anymore to this thread so that we calm down, but I encourage you other guys to talk about this apparently new problem that it seems to be generating, and I leave you find the best solutions. I think to have provided good ones in my other e-mails, but you can be judges yourselves.

Still thanks to all for your support and time shared, which is appreciated.

Regards,
Daniel