Re: [spf-discuss] SPF -all domain survey

2007-12-11 02:57:40
On Tue, Dec 11, 2007 at 02:25:43AM +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
What does your script do when you encounter something weird but valid like:
"v=spf1 ip4: -all mx ptr a"

The script now checks for " -all" somewhere in the SPF record. I'll
leave the wording on the site to read "end in -all" but check for it

And what happens with:
"v=spf1 ip4: ip4: -all"

I don't handle this sort of pathological case. Since I keep a copy of
every SPF record that contains -all, I could go back and search for
such cases later. Unless there's a compelling reason, I probably won't
actually do so. :)

For others who were asking, I also now resolve redirect= modifiers. For

I use the wording "expanded SPF record" but as you can see this does
not do %-macro expansion, just redirect= resolution. Is there another
term I should use instead of "expanded" in this case? I didn't see any
other term that's really appropriate in RFC4408.

Greg Hewgill

Modify Your Subscription: