Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Strong SPF assertions

2008-01-31 04:23:55

--On 31 January 2008 11:34:35 +0100 Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> wrote:

Ian Eiloart wrote:

An SPF pass for a trusted domain can be used to avoid spam
filtering,so even these records are worth checking for

Yes.  For an untrusted PASS you could "accept, later check
and bounce if necessary", after all PASS can't hit innocent
bystanders - the +all PASS weirdo bell.ca isn't innocent ;-)

I guess you wouldn't bounce when you matched +all. And, you needn't send a vacation message, either.

I'd guess that there must be more than 10% out there if 4%
actually use -all.

For Alexa's definition of relevant domains it's roughly 40%:
http://utility.nokia.net/~lars/meter/spf.html

That's good.

 Frank