[spf-discuss] Email messages that are extremely un helpful...

2008-07-31 09:07:55
Hello,

Today I received and email telling me I need SPF records.  But with no
information.  I sent an email back requesting headers but nothing came
back.  This is worse than having no SPF.  It really is spamming me.  Below
is the email.  I have SPF records that expect failures.  What are they
talking about.  One area, that I think SPF missed was CNAME.  I have tons
of host/domain pairs with CNAME.  I really dislike having to change every
CNAME into an A record.

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb(_at_)zenez(_dot_)com>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047

---------------------Bogus-SPF-Email----------------------------------
From spfrequired(_at_)cyberglobe(_dot_)net Thu Jul 31 02:08:00 2008
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 04:08:31 -0400
From: spfrequired(_at_)cyberglobe(_dot_)net
To: gerberb(_at_)zenez(_dot_)com
Subject: URGENT: Your DNS is missing a SPF record.

Dear Domain Owner,

Please note that your domain name is currently missing a SPF record to
notify other mail servers that you only allow mail delivery from your
specified mail servers.

On the 1st of January 2009, our mail server will be rejecting any mail
from domains that do not have a SPF record.  Currently we see that your
domain name does not have a SPF record and therefore you are receiving
this message.  If you do not manage your domain name, please contact your
Network Administrator, Internet Service Provider or Web Hosting Provider
and request them to add the SPF records within the DNS records for all
your domain names.

To fix this, please visit http://www.openspf.org and use the wizard that
is available there to assist you in creating your DNS TXT SPF record.
Once created, add this entry into your DNS management for your domain.

Until your SPF record are updated, you will be receiving this message each
day, until the 1st of January 2009, for each daily message you send to our
clients.  When we reach January 2009, and you still have not fixed your
DNS TXT SPF records, your messages will no longer be received by our
clients.

Thank you for your understanding,
Cyberglobe Technical Support.