RE: Re[8]: [spf-discuss] Trying to understand the best recommendation for my client, help appreciated.

2009-05-13 16:34:16
CDONT replaced by CDOSYS is black box and provide only basic SMTP functions,
and only one way to do what you need is MAYBE to write directly to header
additional info (there is one metod to add custom header, I forgot method
name)

I gave up long time ago to use this ..., so, if someone want to send spam
RFC is good start.
you may name that "comercial info" if you fell better ;) but this is still
spam :(

look for smtp envelope and have clear differnce betwen from, sender,
reply-to, ...

-----Original Message-----

From: "Ben Gallienne" <ben(_at_)webpoint0(_dot_)com>

To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>

Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:30:23 +0100

Subject: RE: Re[8]: [spf-discuss] Trying to understand the best
recommendation for my client, help appreciated.

Alan,

I did send you a mail yesterday containing the links to the documentation

that I have. Maybe you didn't get it so it's copied below for reference.

Mail read:

"

Hi Alan,

Thanks for coming back to me again. I've done some searching around again

this morning and have been unable to find the relevant property that allows

me to set the envelope sender when generating an email using the cdo.message

in vbscript. I've been trying to find the answer in the msdn library

documentation for it so by all means if you're prepared to have a look then

it would be much appreciated. A URL to start with would be

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526311
[http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526311](EXCHG.10).aspx , but
there

is lots of documentation there. The closest thing I have found to the answer

is on this page,

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526283
[http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526283](EXCHG.10).aspx but it
seems

to suggest the field is read-only and I can't seem to find anything about

how it might get set programatically.

Thanks again for your help,

Ben

"

As it stands Sandy has kindly provided me with a suggested resolution to the

issue that I'm going to be testing out over the next couple of days with the

client, so I'm happy for this thread to now be closed, and thank you all of

you for your assistance, it's much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben