Re: [spf-discuss] SPF, DKIM, and NIH

2009-10-13 15:41:24
On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Ian Eiloart wrote:

While gmail.com has so far managed to keep spammers under enough control
to avoid a seriously bad reputation on my system, other free email

Right, but you wouldn't given them a positive reputatation score would you?
Say, to reduce spamassassin score on the domain name (+DKIM verification)
alone?

*I* don't assign any reputation scores.  The system tracks the last 1024
emails from each (domain,SPF Result) pair and reputation is a function
of the spam/ham ratio and the length of time the domain has been
known.  The reputation is objective - only the classification of
messages into spam/ham is subjective.  (E.g., one customer, a travel agent,
considers travel spam "must reading".)

At the moment, gmail.com in fact has a positive score on +31 on a scale
of -100,+100 with confidence of 83 on a scale of 0,100.  So despite
the constant robot abuse, they still send us more ham than spam.  I.e.,
they are at least keeping the robots at bay.