Re: [spf-discuss] SPF, DKIM, and NIH

2009-10-16 18:15:33
On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, David MacQuigg wrote:

Absolutely, but you want to check the DKIM signature before applying the
whitelist. Otherwise, every whitelist entry is an invitation to spam.

I've never seen it happen.  A spammer would have to know both addresses
exactly.  If an individual recipient whitelists an individual sender, we pass
it straight through, without SPF, DKIM, SpamAssassin, or anything else that
might cause a false reject.

We get lots of forgeries of whitelisted addresses.  If such a sender doesn't
provide an SPF record, I guess one and add it to a DNS zone used for the
purpose.

How do the spammers know?  Well, as soon as they infect a PC, they
get all the addresses from the M$ AddressBook and phone home.  Even
after the PC is cleaned or reinstalled, other zombies all over the world
continue to spew forth forged email from emails of OutLook accounts to
emails in the AddressBook.