xsl-list

RE: HTML <script> tag

2002-08-28 14:49:21
Is it possible to try your transformation using a command line processor,
with
a "real" serializer?  IIRC, the whole point of method="html" is to avoid
this
problem, so obviously it's a bug somewhere :)

In this particular case, the transformation depends on having chained
transformations which start from XML produced via a Cocoon generator, so no,
I can't test it with a normal serializer.  But as I said, it worked with IE
5.5. Looking at it more closely, I suspect that is  because 5.5 wasn't as
strict as 6 on it's enforcing the standards.  Looking at the output in IE I
do see:

        <head xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>

and

        <script type="text/javascript" src="/_scripts/search.js"
language="javascript"/>

If I don't code the hack, which I believe indicates it's a Cocoon bug...
Then again, with Cocoon, there may be some magic parameter I'm supposed to
specify for the serializer but I don't think that's the case.