xsl-list

RE: HTML <script> tag

2002-08-28 09:43:19
Therefore, I am almost inclined to do 2) above in spite of the fact that
it
is a workaround (hack?). The problem, however, is that somebody might come
along and not know what the hack is and delete the blanks or comments.
This
is no small matter if you want to partition out your javascript into
separate files and do this for many pages...

I use:

  <script language="javascript" src="/xx/gunk.js"
type="text/javascript">&#160;</script> <!-- Fix IE 6.0 weirdness -->

as the "hack" in my scripts... You need this even when the output method is
HTML.  FWIW, we don't run Mozilla so I hadn't run into this with it and IE
5.5 and below don't demonstrate the problem.