xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Dynamic pipelining in XSLT 2.0 w/ Saxon extensions

2007-06-19 08:30:38
Andrew Welch wrote:

  Hi

It does write out each stage of the processing but this is
definitely A Good Thing in my book

  In the developer point of view yes, that's a Good Thing.
But that depends on the project I think.  In a former
project, I had to apply a few steps to the input in order to
get the final document.  The transformation was launched by
the user, and he had to wait for the result in order to go
further in the workflow.

  Of course, as an interactive application, the performance
was not as important, but dumping the intermediate trees
each time was too eavy (ok, the bigger gain was of course
obtained by caching the compiled stylesheets).

  Regards,

--drkm