xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Dynamic pipelining in XSLT 2.0 w/ Saxon extensions

2007-06-19 13:26:03
On 6/19/07, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
Sure. The compiling XSLT processors that I am aware of compile a
primary stylesheet with all included and imported stylesheets into a
single executable module. This module is then used to perform a
definite, specific transformation on any xml source document we want
to apply the  transformation to.

I have been discussing (in this list, I think) the high value of being
able to compile stylesheets that are not primary (such as containing
only xsl functions). Then there should be a standard mechanism for any
primary stylesheet to (link to) use the so compiled library of xsl
functions.

I was asking for this kind of thing a while back:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200506/msg00439.html

The other thing that would be really good is if calls to doc() using
references that are known at compile time are also compiled -
currently if you have a call to doc('config.xml') in your compiled
stylesheet and you run a transform 100 times then config.xml gets
fetched 100 times.