xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Dynamic pipelining in XSLT 2.0 w/ Saxon extensions

2007-06-19 08:02:34
Hi Dimitre,

At 08:25 AM 6/19/2007, you wrote:
Why not simply use FXSL and its support for the composition of a given
list of functions?

Why not indeed? (I think the honest answer would entail examining that word "simply" and consider whether and how it applies to the user base in a particular case. :-)

On the other hand, you've given me another idea, thanks, that I should have thought of -- have Saxon compile the pipelining stylesheet up front, "caching" it by hand....

(If I read Mike correctly, however, I think I can avoid even doing this.)

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez