xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Getting a list of node Text()

2007-06-20 02:29:03
On 20/06/2007, at 6:40 PM, Andrew Welch wrote:

On 6/20/07, Nicholas Orr <nick(_at_)goya(_dot_)com(_dot_)au> wrote:
I did know about normalize, but it doesn't suit this particular
situation, as I want to keep all of the spaces and returns within the
text block consistent, but remove anything that the XML output format
has added.  Essentially, I want to only grab the explicit data within
the CDATA section :

                                <Calculation>
<![CDATA[Table 1::Number1 & Custom 1 & External ( "Menu-
Version"; "" ) & <Function Missing>]]>
                                </Calculation>

You should really fix your XML at source - the whitespace surrounding
the CDATA section is considered significant, so really you want:

<Calculation><![CDATA[Table 1.....on Missing>]]></Calculation>

It looks as though your XML has been indented/pretty printed -
whatever did that shouldn't really have put the cdata section on a new
line.

I would say the correct solution would be to fix whatever wrote the
XML to disk, rather than patching it up at the transform stage.

Yes, I agree. The source I have no control over, other than to submit error reports and hope for the best. It's coming out of an app where I don't control the output.

But having investigated this I came to the same conclusion, and I'll submit some reports about it and see what happens.

Cheers,
Nick