xsl-list

[xsl] Getting a list of node Text()

2007-06-19 15:45:56
G'day all,

I've got some XSLT that gets a nodes text value that works fine. But the data I'm getting is changing a lot and I want to have a dynamic approach to listing all of the nodes I'm after instead of having to alter the XSLT each time.

Essentially I'm trying to get a <Calculation> node which will be a child node of the current one. But the issue is that there will sometimes be one calculation node, and sometimes multiple nodes. And they're not always just child nodes, they might be sub child nodes. So I might have for my path :

./Calculation

or

./Value/Calculation
./StartPosition/Calculation

or multiple Calculation nodes in multiple places. My thought was that I'd set a variable and make it empty, then do a for-each descendant::Calculation loop to get each one, and "concat($calc,text ())" them to the variable.

Does anyone know of an easier way? The other issue I have is that if the node is empty, I want to ignore it, and each node should be separated by a return character.

Thanks,
Nick