xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Saxon for .NET Installation Instructions

2007-10-24 03:21:44
Jesper Tverskov wrote:
I my opinion this is not what most users of our XSL list want. Most of
us are struggling with how to get the two major XSLT 2.0 processors,
SAXON and AltovaXML, working from Java , .NET, etc.

Many of us are even using both. We don't like to follow three
different XSL lists to cover such basic and all important XSLT
questions.

I'd be very interested to know what "us" stands for. I'm only on this list for a short period of time (1.5 years) but have hardly ever seen AltovaXML specific questions. Saxon questions are almost always taken to the Saxon list (which is also quite busy and often very informative, many users to this list are a member of the Saxon list).

Imho, most questions still have to do with XSLT 1.0 in general and sometimes of a specific processor (or a familiy of processors, like client side procs), not just the two you mention (of which one almost never gets any attention).

I am not using both, I don't see any use in that (in production environments at least). But out of interest I often test with a plethora of processors. For each of them I am a member of the associated list (one exception: Altova still doesn't have a public list). You don't want to be asking Internet Explorer questions on the Opera User list, would you, just because you don't like to become a member of another list? I have two cars of two brands, unfortunately I have to ask my questions at each manufacturer. Is that so odd?

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

PS: that said, I'd be very interesting in a resolution. But not on this list. I look forward to see the inquiry on the other list ;)