xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Saxon for .NET Installation Instructions

2007-10-24 05:34:58

In my opinion to learn XSLT the proper way you should use
more than one XSLT processor to stimulate our learning
process. For XSLT 2.0 we only have two for the major market.

If it's an XSLT question about some Saxon extension, then I don't mind
answering it on this list.

If it's an easy question about product installation that can be answered
with a simple answer, then I will answer it on this list and suggest that
people come to the saxon-help list next time.

If it's a tricky question about product installation that's likely to lead
to an extended thread because it's configuration-dependent and there's
insufficient information provided, and that isn't going to yield any
interesting insights about the XSLT language, then I think it's best not to
inflict the conversation on people who aren't interested in it - and for
that matter, to direct the conversation to a list where you're most likely
to find people that can help.

But perhaps Tommie can give a ruling.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/