xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Saxon for .NET Installation Instructions

2007-10-24 06:25:46
Wow, that blew up fast! When I went to bed last night we (by "we" I mean the participants on XSL-List) were peacefully discussing the details of a transformation and getting a bit cranky about XSL jargon. And this morning we are sniping at each other about the scope of the list and who gets to police it.

Let's all take a deep breath and relax.

XSL-List is a place to discuss XSLT and XSL-FO in general terms, and not a forum for extended product-specific discussions. However, people don't always know if a problem is product-specific, and many newcomers don't know that there are product-specific information sources.

While I really don't want XSL-List to respond to inquiries that are clearly not XSL-related (PLEASE don't respond on list to "my question is about XML and since I may someday process my XML with XSLT my XML question is in scope for XSL-List" type messages) "I'm having trouble getting started with XSLT" questions are in scope, and "I have a simple question about my XSL processor" postings are on the line. Since they are on the line, I think Michael's approach, of answering simple questions here and referring complex ones to the appropriate specific list is a good compromise.

We want to stay on topic. We want to welcome and help newcomers to XSL. We want to be (or look like) reasonable people .

-- Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com