xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers

2008-04-29 18:45:28
  On the other hand, maybe a way to tell the processor to
deactivate static error checks at one place (because we know
the generated code there is correct even if it can look
suspicious) would be interesting.

This is what "treat as" is designed for. I think that even completely crazy
things like

<xsl:apply-templates select="23 treat as node()"/>

should result in run-time rather than compile-time errors. (But I wouldn't
swear that it always works.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/