xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Problem with iterating through a sequence of integers

2008-04-30 06:50:14
On 30/04/2008, Florent Georges <lists(_at_)fgeorges(_dot_)org> wrote:
David Carlisle wrote:

 > >   This leads into a warning with Saxon telling that "The child axis
 > > starting at an attribute node will never select anything."

 > sounds familiar:-)

  ;-)

 > the (@*,$foo)/* method works to suppress that, if needed, where
 > $foo is a permanently empty global param.

  Yes, <xsl:param name="my:empty"/> is a trick more and more useful,
 while processors are getting smarter.

  In this case, because we have only nodes, we can also use an
 apply-templates on the nodes and have two template rules: one that
 apply templates on the childs and one that does nothing.  Actually,
 that way, we are setting two distinct static contexts...

  I wonder if Saxon shouldn't suppress the warning when 'treat as' is
 present.  I know a processor can emit as many warnings as it wants, but
 maybe that would follow more closely the usage: when the developer uses
 'treat as', she knows why, she tells the processor she is smarter than
 it, and she asks to be trusted, wouldn't it?

Apparently not.