xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XQuery basics

2008-06-06 06:07:01
On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 08:33 -0400, Liam Quin wrote:
On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 04:07:16PM -0400, Robert Koberg wrote:
On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 15:29 -0400, Liam Quin wrote:
Are there things that we (W3C) should be standardising in that
area?

Well, these would be web application specific.

I'm not following you... do you mean that you feel W3C
should do more in the area of Web aplications (we are),

I meant that things like set/get-request-attribute('attrName')
and set/get-session-attribute('attrName') are specific to web
applications (and maybe just java web applications). So, it would not
make sense for a general tool like XSL to have a focus on web
applications.

I was kind of joking with Andrew (perhaps my smiley was not enough to
indicate that). Andrew wants a way to use XSL files like some folk use
JSP or PHP (or in the case of eXist and others, XQuery). I don't think
it is a good idea from a memory (as Michael Kay reaffirmed in his post
on this thread) and functionality standpoint.

or do
you mean that you think W3C's primary or only use case for
XSLT is for Web applications (it isn't)...?

no

Liam