xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XQuery basics

2008-06-05 12:29:49
On Wed, Jun 04, 2008 at 07:15:07PM -0400, Robert Koberg wrote:
On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 23:39 +0100, Andrew Welch wrote:
[...]
I think I get what you are talking about: An XSL is like a JSP or PHP
page. But, as I am sure you know, you cannot include/import components
the same way you can in something like JSP.

XSLT has both include and import.  Whether an implementation
shares memory between components is up to the implementation.

Also, are you going to (eventually) want to duplicate the functions that
the eXist team put together for XQuery in eXist on the web? E.g. in
addition to request parameters, are you going to want request/session
attributes (set and get)? Maybe send an email? :)

Are there things that we (W3C) should be standardising in that
area?

Liam

http://www.holoweb.net/~liam/ * http://www.fromoldbooks.org/