xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XQuery basics

2008-06-04 09:25:24
"Is XQuery like XSLT such that I have to build a little
script that will copy everything from the source to the
destination and make the change or add the attribute once I
get to it?"

In that sense the two are different aren't they...? XSLT's
recursive descent processing model makes it ideal for the
task, while in XQuery you would pretty much require XQuery
Update to do the same task.

Yes. XQuery tends to work better when you want to extract a small amount of
information from a large document and ignore the rest. XSLT tends to work
better if you want to keep most things the same and make a few small
changes. Of course there's a range of tasks between those extremes.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/