Re: [fetchmail]headerless emails

2002-05-15 07:39:13
Flames off Please.

Before this mailing list falls off the earth reacting to the sig
of the email below where the N-word was used, can we please all
take note of the fact that this email originated in Italy
where the N-word does not carry the same connotations nor
impact as it does in the USA ?  ( "it" domain is Italy I hope.)

Italy does not have the same history of slavery or abuses which
we sadly here in the USA do.

The originator of the email below may be completely unaware of the
furor which the use of the N-Word can unleash here in the USA.

Note to alledm(_at_)libero(_dot_)it(_dot_)  Just so you know the use of the
N-word
in a USA workplace can be grounds for dismissal because of laws
against discrimination in the work place.

Some people who recieved your email could, (its a big stretch),
conceivably, get in trouble with their employers because the word
entered the companies email system on an email addressed to them.

Reminds me of a time in college when a "friend" told me "puta" meant
"lady" as I left on a trip to Puerto Rico.  Needless to say I
found out in a hurry it meant something very different from Lady.
And yes, - it was painful. :-)

Just saw a posting on an open source for schoolis list where some
folks just discovered that although they had blocked all sites
containing sexually explicit words they didn't think to also
blocks the sites containing spanish sexually explicit words and
as a result some kids were searching for spanish porn sites
as they couldn't get to the English ones.

Multi-cultural interactions on the Web are going to be lots of fun!

None of the statements above are intended to be offensive, nor
any sort of absolute truth.  take it all with a grain of salt and
Please lets avoid a giant flame fest on this.

Thanks to all for your tolerance and wisdom.