Re: [fetchmail]headerless emails

2002-05-15 19:58:11
On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 09:32:23PM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Alex,

Generally speaking - if you KNOW that certain uses of language WILL offend
people, well, it's obviously up to you ...

        Absolutely - After all sometimes we intend to be offensive :-)

I really liked what <jkinz(_at_)ultranet(_dot_)com> replied - he's absolutely
right, but
it isn't something a european, an asian, a marsian or someone on the moon
really should need to worry to much about.

I think your apology is appropriate - but please don't let the stupid
political
correctness that is flooding the US and partially the UK have any influence
on what you think and how you express it.

PCism (Political Correctness) in the US certainly reached an all
time high here last summer (2001).  Despite the good intentions that
I assume created it, in its extreme form it is not only stupid, it can
be harmful.

Since we are all electronically living in the same neighborhood these
days we will occasionally bump up against dramatic differences in
our thinking.

When that happens we will need to be patient and careful in our responses
to prevent email flame wars from "burning out" an email list.

So, since I am an email guest in your country I will do my best
to be a pleasent guest so that I will be welcome to return
again and again.

Correspondingly we are all email guests in each others countries.