Re: [fetchmail]headerless emails

2002-05-15 12:28:49
On Wed, 15 May 2002 13:39:09 -0400, jkinz(_at_)ultranet(_dot_)com wrote:

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:03:04PM +0000, Alexander Skwar wrote:
¯jkinz(_at_)ultranet(_dot_)com® sagte am 2002-05-15 um 10:38:41 -0400 :
Some people who recieved your email could, (its a big stretch),
conceivably, get in trouble with their employers because the word
entered the companies email system on an email addressed to them.

Uh?  So you mean, that people might get problems just because they
received a mail containing a certain word?  That doesn't make sense to
me.  I mean, it's not like anyone can do anything about mails send to
someone.  Strange...

Like I said - it would be a BIG stretch....

I have heard of cases where an employer/manager/colleage is trying
"get" someone for whatever reason, and they then use the slightest
excuse to harm or fire the individual.  It does NOT hold up
in court assuming the individual has a competent attorney,
but the hassles and money involved prior to getting
to court would be very harmful to the individual.

I don't know if this is specific to the structure of the legal system of the
USA or if it occurs in other courntries as well.

I suspect it would VERY difficult to fire/sack/dismiss someone just
based on the contents of email they received, willingly on unwillingly.
Even in the US :-)

I think the idea is somewhat based on the very loosely defined US labour
laws, which generally seem to be much less restrictive than European
equivalents. (possibly except the UK).

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Windows 2001: "I'm sorry Dave ...  I'm afraid I can't do that."