RE: [fetchmail]fetchmail doesn't download messages from server

2004-05-15 05:27:47
From: "Rob" <rob_macgregor(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: <fetchmail-friends(_at_)lists(_dot_)ccil(_dot_)org>
Subject: RE: [fetchmail]fetchmail doesn't download messages from server
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 09:07:53 +0100

I take it that the words "malformed headers" appear somewhere in the
error message you didn't provide us with?

i've seen from a little research that this issue may be due to malformed headers, or messages. i did not see this message my self. from fetchmail -v i believe it croaked on smtp error, or connection timeout.

my question has to do with the behavior of messages suddenly staying on the server:

sometimes fetchmail will leave all the messages on the server, fetchmail -v will croak... i have to delete the messages from the server before it works again. even new messages don't download.

my .fetchmailrc file just looks like this:

poll foo.bas.org with proto pop3 user "moose%goose.com" there has password "duck" is "moose" here

any idea what's wrong? i've seen something about malformed headers, but no solution.

my config polls an imail server with fetchmail, it is handed to sendmail/spamass-milter/clamav --> and delivered via qpopper to outlook.

thanks,
-m

PLEASE - keep list traffic on the list.  Email sent directly to me may
be ignored utterly.

--
Rob | What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?