Re: New-ish idea on non-ascii headers

1991-09-19 12:19:06
Sure, if you are willing to accept the x-real-from style headers
proposed by Nathaniel.  Otherwise you are cutting out the one
remaining mechanism proposed to allow non-usascii headers.

I'm not willing to accept anything that can't be ignored, and changing
character sets in the header/envelope information can't be ignored.

I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying.  The proposal as I
understand it from Nathaniel keeps all "real" headers in usascii, and
the other headers are 7 bit rfc 822 compatable headers with
information in an encoded format and a foreign character set.  They
are ignored by all transport and delivery entities, and even all User
agents can ignore them.  In this situation it is not really changing
anything.  In fact, I think they can safely be ignore.  In fact, they
could probably be written in x-real-subject format!!  I prefer not to
use x- for standardized headers but his is not important.

Is this acceptable?  Am I missing something?

Greg V.