Re: SHOW STOPPERS in the new RFC-XXXX draft

1991-10-23 00:38:31
Marshall -

     Although the idea is indeed one of class-inheritance, I don't see how it
makes the software more complicated.  I am hoping that it will make software
simpler, by reducing the number of subtypes.  I want to eliminate the
temptation to create a new subtype that can be reasonably handled under an
existing subtype.  This is part of my never-ending crusade to limit the number
of types and subtypes...  ;-)

     Put another way, a program which does not know about third-level subtypes
can simply scan for a '/' and flush it and anything after it.

-- Mark --