Re: Re: audio, checksums, and trojan horses

1991-11-13 19:19:03
------------------------------ Start of forwarded message 1

- ------------------------------ Start of body part 1

assumption that audio data is going to be written to files which will be
passed on to applications that expect audio files.  ...
The bottom line, for me, is this:  THERE IS NO TECHNICAL REASON TO
PREFER ONE FORMAT TO ANOTHER.  I therefore prefer to go with the most
stable standards.

Some of the data formats we deal with identify their characteristics internally.

For those which do we extract necessary information (e.g. in audio # of samples
per second and the like) to include in parameters in Content-Type:.

The information remains in the data part of the body, extracting out bits
of data is purely for our convenience.  It may save us from teaching the UAs
the nit-picky details of all the data formats out there.

                David

------------------------------ End of forwarded message 1