Re: Richtext and SGML

1992-02-07 09:47:33

Pulling richtext out of the RFC is very close to a SHOW-STOPPER for me.
I can live with pulling it out, but ONLY if the richtext RFC comes out
in a way that is completely synchronized with the MIME RFC.

I have to agree with Nathaniel's opinion 100%.  I've been standing on the
sidelines of this RichText debate but watching with growing concern.  I've got a
looming problem on my net with UAs of differing capability to exchange
formatted text.  I regard RichText as a significant step to satsifying those
different
environments.  Taking it out *is* a SHOW-STOPPER.

-jwn2
jwn2(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com
noerenberg.j  (Applelink)
To be turned from one's course by men's opinions, by blame,
and by misrepresentation shows a man unfit for office.
-- Plutarch, Lives, Fabius Maximus [c. 250 A.D.]