Re: language tags

1993-03-10 01:17:50
This
list lumps all dialects of Chinese together (and by the way, I am not
aware of a "traditional, or taiwanese chinese," only of a non-Chinese
tongue spoken by the indigenous people, and the Mandarin/Cantonese/...
dialects spoken by the more recent Chinese inhabitants.

In Taiwan, two languages are major. One is traditionally formal
Chinese. The other is traditional Taiwanese. I have no idea which one
is referred as "traditional, or taiwanese chinese". There also are
minor languages.

                                                Masataka Ohta