Re: Simple Network Paging Protocol

1993-09-01 20:24:33
Forgot to add something:

So, how to make this work:

1. Get someone to apply for, and then manage in a fair-and-open manner,
   a high-level domain.

2. Tell the pager providers that if they had an SMTP connectivity to the
   Internet, then they could get pages that way.

Heck, since you don't have faxes and pagers on the same numbers, I'll
tell 'ya what:

If people want this approach instead, I'd be happy to ask the people who
administer the tpc.int. subdomain (there's a board!) if they'd be
willing to allow pager registrations under tpc.int.

If they said yes, then step 1 is completely taken care of!

/mtr