Re: Text/enriched ambiguity

1993-11-02 12:41:14
< This discussion seems to have reaffirmed the utility of <param> (or
< something like it), but we still haven't resolved the issue of syntax
< inside a <param> ... </param> block.  Should a simple text/enriched
< process read blindly until the </param>, or should it parse for
< text/enriched structures, check for nesting, etc.?  Alas, I think there
< are good arguments both ways....
<  This discussion seems to have reaffirmed the utility of <param> (or
< something like it), but we still haven't resolved the issue of syntax
< inside a <param> ... </param> block.  Should a simple text/enriched
< process read blindly until the </param>, or should it parse for
< text/enriched structures, check for nesting, etc.?  Alas, I think there
< are good arguments both ways....

The latter. In other words, don't change the way it is currently spec'd out.
Doing it the other way leads to the same mess that <verbatim> had. (Even if
it was only 20 lines of code. :-) )

                                        Tony Hansen
                            hansen(_at_)pegasus(_dot_)att(_dot_)com,
tony(_at_)attmail(_dot_)com
                                att!pegasus!hansen, attmail!tony