Re: Text/enriched ambiguity

1993-11-01 17:43:40
Rick Troth writes:

      Because j-random-existing parser would (SHOULD!)
display the  ignorable_param_data_block  as part of the message.

There are very few existing text/enriched parsers, so this isn't a problem,
and since <param> is not used by any generator at the moment as far as I
know, we have a chance fix them all before someone does need <param>.

If you thinking of feeding text/enriched into older text/richtext parsers,
then that won't work anyway because text/richtext parsers don't understand
the '<<' sequence, so this isn't a problem.

There's nothing intrisically wrong with <a b c d> as an idea except that it
is a special case of command parsing that WILL break existing parsers, much
more than <param> usage, as discussed in my previous message, would.  <param>
also gives the flexibility of having multiple nestings inside a parameter
block if that every becomes necessary.

Cheers,

Rhys.