Re: Internationalization of the Internet

1994-11-20 23:01:49
At 7:54 PM 11/20/94, Masataka Ohta wrote:
People have been doing localizaion within the spec of RFC 822.

and were an important reason why MIME was designed in the
first place!  -- Nathaniel

And failed.

Really?  Gee, I thought Mime was doing just fine.

In any event, Masataka, the ietf-822 list is not showing interest in
starting up a standards effort which will, in effect, discard Mime.
Therefore, there does not seem to be any constructive purpose in further
discussion of this matter on this list.

Again I request that you therefore move this discussion to some list that
DOES want to pursue it.

d/

Dave Crocker
Brandenburg Consulting                          Phone:  +1 408 246 8253
675 Spruce Dr.                                  Fax:    +1 408 249 6205
Sunnyvale, CA  94086               Email:
dcrocker(_at_)mordor(_dot_)stanford(_dot_)edu