Re: Internationalization of the Internet

1994-11-19 14:18:02
Quoting:  paf(_at_)bunyip(_dot_)com (Patrik Faltstrom)

Can we stop now please?  It's getting a little tiring.  I appauld the
Swedish efforts to standardise on ISO 8859/1.  It may not be optimal for
internationalization in the long run, but in the short term it is going to
solve a lot of nagging problems in that particular community.

So, Swedish may or may not use MIME.

In sweden we have NOT standardized to use ISO-8859-1. We have standardized
to use MIME.

Confusion! Rhys probably referred to that we have chosen to
recommend the use of Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1) for Swedish text *in
MIME*. Whatever anybody meant, *that* was the decision. Thanks
for the applause!

Peter Svanberg, KTH, Sweden