Re: Don't change RFC822 for the worse!

1994-12-09 00:08:58
<< (but many people will not be able to read your messages).

< Are you saying you can read Japanese message if and only if it is labelled
< by MIME?

No. But many people ARE saying that if you DON'T label your message,

Who are the many people? As you can see, no Japanese implementor-user
say such a thing. I have never told by anyone that my Japanese
message is unreadable because it is not labelled.

That's the reality. There is working code. There is strict consensus
on the use of RFC 822 for Japanese.

No people ARE saying that unless I DON'T label your message, ...

Or, is your point that many US people who never used non-ASCII text
in their real life are saying so?

Please clarify.

it will
NOT be readable by many people, as they won't have the slightest idea what
the unknown stuff is that's in their mailbox.

The reality is that it is readable by all the people who can read it.

And, as all of you have more than slightest idea on how escape sequences
are used, you can display it.

                                                Masataka Ohta