Re: How we are planning to embed HTML in messages

1995-05-17 08:12:46
On Tue, 16 May 1995, Ed Levinson wrote:

Question.  Does the "name" parameter and the cid url serve the same
function as content disposition?  I might be biased ;-) but I believe
the cid url provides more flexibility and control than the content
disposition.

Jacob's example makes it pretty clear that the cid url captures the
relationship between the document and the inline image.  It's not
clear to me what the content-disposition would add since "inline" is
implicit in the cid url.

Many implementations may want to send TEXT/HTML messages to a separate
HTML viewer. Their e-mail system would then not scan the HTML text,
and the "inline" attribute would be valuable help to a mail system
which does not read HTML itself to know how to handle such a
message.